English Courses

New Zealand is one of the best places for you to go when it comes to studying. We’ve talked about that in several areas of the site, but what are you supposed to do when you are not completely comfortable with English? English is the national language of New Zealand, so isn’t that a problem? Not really. There are actually a number of ways for you to get past the problems that you may have with the English language, and actually learn how to speak it better if you decide to study abroad in New Zealand or any other country.

Of course, most universities in New Zealand require you to have some type of certification that says that you at least have a handle on the English language. In order to do so, you just have to take an exam that is internationally accepted and shows your skill in the English language. The most recognized exams are the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and the Cambridge Exam. These are taken around the world and are accepted by each university that is located in New Zealand. The university that you are seeking to attend will give you information on which exams that you need to take before you are accepted for study at the university, and will let you know if there are any alternatives that you can look for.

After you’ve passed the exam and you get accepted to university, then you can worry about how you are going to learn better English. There are a few ways to do this. First, many of the New Zealand tertiary education institutions will offer extra courses for those who speak English as a second language. You can either take it before you start your other coursework, or you can take it as an extra class while you are pursuing your degree. These courses are incredibly intense and will push you to your limits (and probably past your comfort level) as you are learning English and adapting to the culture in New Zealand. These classes are usually smaller than standard courses, which help you get the individual attention that you need.

Another excellent resource for those in New Zealand is called English New Zealand. This organization is a group of well-established educational programs that help people learn how to speak English while they are studying. Students who are coming to New Zealand are actually encouraged to spruce up their English speaking skills by attending one of these schools, which last anywhere from 10 to 16 weeks. If you aren’t sure what you are looking for in one of these schools, check out English New Zealand’s member school list. This can help you find the English school that is closest to where you are attending university so that you don’t have to travel a lot in order to get the resources you need.

As with any country you go to, you will have opportunities to get a more comfortable hold on the English language. If you are staying with native Kiwis, you will learn better English just by conversing with them on a regular basis. You can even ask them to help you out as you are trying to better understand the English language. You will hear English in all of your classrooms (unless you are learning a foreign language, of course). Immersion is considered to be the best way to learn any language, and by coming to New Zealand to study, you will be immersed in the English language.

Don’t be afraid of making mistakes; learning English takes time. It’s considered to be one of the most difficult languages to learn, especially because of all of the dialects and other changes that you will hear throughout the world. But getting immersed in the English language will do a lot for improving your speaking skills. You may also be able to use other tools in order to help you achieve your goals, like online courses and other resources that you can find on the internet. See if your university has any suggestions on any programs that you can try out in order to supplement the immersive nature of your New Zealand education.

New Zealand is known for being welcoming to outsiders, even those who may not be as proficient in English as other people are. Because of that, they do everything that they can to help those who speak English as a second language so that they can better adapt to the world around them. If you need help with learning English before your arrival, contact your potential university or contact the Department of Immigration. The international studies office at your university will give you all of the resources that you need in order to achieve and so that you can learn English and come over to earn a world-class education.

Most Popular